WHEREAS, on _____________, I, ____________, executed my last will and testament, and; WHEREAS, I made various instructions and bequests, and, WHEREAS, I desire to add an additional provision to the will; I NOW PUBLISH THIS CODICIL to my last will and testament of ________________:
I reaffirm all parts and exhibits of said will, except that, I: _________________________
I direct that the executors of my estate enact these requests as if they were part of my last will and testament.
I herewith affix my signature to this codicil on this the ____________ day of __________________, 20___ at ________________________________________, in the presence of the following witnesses, who witnessed and subscribed this codicil at my request, and in my presence.
On the date above written, ____________, well known to us declared to us, and in our presence, that this instrument, consisting of _____ pages, is a codicil to their last will and testament, and ____________, then signed this instrument in our presence, and at ____________’s request we now sign this codicil as witnesses in each other’s presence. Further that ____________ appeared to us to be of sound mind and lawful age, and under no undue influence.
STATE OF _________________
COUNTY OF ________________
Before me, the undersigned authority authorized to take acknowledgments and administer oaths, personally appeared:
who after being having duly sworn or affirmed to tell the truth, stated:
1. That ____________ declared this instrument to be a codicil to their last will and testament to the witnesses.
2. That ____________ signed this instrument in their presence.
3. That the witnesses signed as witnesses in the presence of ____________ and each other.
4. That ____________ is well known to the witnesses, and the witnesses believe ____________ to be of lawful age, of sound mind and under no undue influence or constraint.
My Commission Expires: _________________________
This review list is provided to inform you about this document and assist you in its preparation. This is a standard codicil form in which you can enter the changes you wish made to your will. Unless very simple changes, you are advised that revoking your last will and testament and incorporating your changes into a new will and testament may be easier in the long run for your heirs. Codicils can be separated from the original will; add expense on many occasions to administrate, in the scope of “one more thing” to discuss and for attorneys to expend billable hours on.
1. Make multiple copies. Be sure to get three witnesses and a notary to vouch for the signatures. Keep a copy with your last will and testament in all places you have that placed.
DOWNLOAD ODT FILE DOWNLOAD DOC FILE DOWNLOAD DOCX FILE DOWNLOAD RTF FILE